Say 'Levi's smart jacket' and what springs to mind will be a, well, smart jacket. But from now on you're going to have to adjust your perception of what smart [insert clothing] actually means. That's because Levi's have collaborated with Google to produce the ultimate denim jacket that's also smart tech-enabled.
It's everything you would expect (and more) from this power duo, boasting some pretty impressive features: built-in navigation and weather updates anyone?
Discover everything you need to know about this collaboration between Levi's and Google, below. And discover a bit more about smart tech along the way. Then, when you're done, head over to The Hub for the latest smart home news, advice and information.
Each jacket comes complete with Jacquard technology – the term Google and Levi's are using to describe the technology built in – and there's a choice of four different styles, including the Ex-boyfriend Sherpa Trucker, the Ex-boyfriend Trucker, the Sherpa Trucker and the original Trucker jacket. We've included pictures of each below, so it should be super easy to get an idea of which one might best suit your personal style.
One of the best things is that they are pretty affordable too. We were pleasantly surprised to see them retailing from £140 – not bad at all when you consider the price of a nice denim jacket and a smart watch!
Aside from being pretty timeless jackets in their own right, each of these pieces boast the following impressive features:
1. Ensure you never leave your jacket – or phone – behind
Got a terrible habit of leaving your phone, or jacket, behind? If Google Assistant senses you leaving a location without either on your person, it will send you a notification automatically, reminding you to pick it up. Pretty perfect, providing you don't forget them both...
- Shop the Levi’s® Ex-Boyfriend Trucker Jacket With Jacquard™ By Google in the UK for £140
- Shop the Levi’s® Ex-Boyfriend Trucker Jacket With Jacquard™ By Google in the US for $198
2. Find your way home without checking your phone
If (like us) you're totally reliant on Google Maps when trying to find your way to a new location, you'll likely have experienced the frustration of having to take your phone out of your pocket every few minutes to check that you're still going in the right direction. What's more frustrating? When it's cold and you have to remove a glove to operate your phone.
Jacquard jackets combat this issue by providing directions, as you journey through your route, as well as regular estimated arrival updates. And it might just be our favourite feature.
- Shop the Levi’s® Sherpa Trucker With Jacquard™ By Google in the UK for £160
- Shop the Levi’s® Sherpa Trucker Jacket With Jacquard™ By Google in the US for $248
3. Take photos with a simple gesture
You can also trigger photos from a distance, using a simple gesture. Why? Well to take group photos, of course.
- Shop the Levi’s® Ex-Boyfriend Sherpa Trucker With Jacquard™ By Google in the UK for £160
- Shop the Levi’s® Ex-Boyfriend Sherpa Trucker With Jacquard™ By Google in the US for $248
4. Receive messages and take calls
Another handy addition to the Jacquard Jackets is their ability to allow you to take calls, without having to pick up the phone. Simply pop in your connected headphones, accept a call with a gesture and you're good to go.
- Shop the Levi’s® Trucker Jacket With Jacquard™ By Google in the UK for £140
- Shop the Levi’s® Trucker Jacket With Jacquard™ By Google in the US for $198
5. Ask Google Assistant for updates throughout the day
Whether you use Google Assistant to handle your diary; to keep track of sports or news headlines; or simply to provide weather updates throughout the day, it's now possible – and super easy – to do so on-the-go.
We can't wait for Amazon to launch Alexa enabled underpants.