Disclaimer: Planning permission isn't the most thrilling subject. But if you're planning on adding an extension or loft conversion to your house, then you need to understand the basics. That's why we've pulled together an easy-to-understand guide on this week's Real Homes Show. Architect Nick Stockley explains the basics of permitted development and the planning process to presenter Laura Crombie, as well as why you need to abide by buildings regulations.
Also in this episode, sponsored by Resi (opens in new tab), we've got bathroom trends for 2020 and the smart home gadgets that'll make family life easier. Plus, we put stain removers to the test to reveal which one to reach for when you drop your dinner down your top!
The whole episode is 14 minutes' long, but you can use these timing to skip to your favourite sections:
- Bathroom trends (45 secs): Interior designer Sian Astley reveals the three trends we'll be seeing in bathrooms everywhere in 2020
- Planning permission and building regulations (4 mins 18 secs): A simple guide to getting planning permission and building control approval for your extension project
- The best way to remove stains from clothes (8 mins 38 secs): We put Astonish, Dr Beckmann and Vanish stain removers to the test
- Tech for families (11 mins 40 secs): 5 gadgets that will make home life easier for a busy family. Sadly, we can't cheer up your teenagers
- Competition (14 mins 20 secs): Win one of five Zanussi dehumidifiers, worth £200 each
If all that wasn't enough, we've also teamed up with Zanussi to give away five ZDH1801 18L dehumidifiers, worth £200. To be in with a chance of winning one, simply complete the form below: