Fancy splurging on some new smart home tech in time for the most hectic time of year? Whether you're setting up a whole smart home system or buying smart tech as Christmas gifts, it's really worth waiting to shop for Black Friday deals to cut your costs.
So how to find the best Black Friday deals? Well, we've got plenty of smart home tech our 2018 buyer's guides, but if you want to be sure you've got the best-priced deals this autumn, buying it here on Black Friday (and in the run-up to the big weekend) is your best option because we'll be updating this page DAILY so you can get the very best bargain.
Find all the latest bargains on our deals page.
WHEN IS BLACK FRIDAY 2018?
This year's Black Friday is on Friday 23rd November, with sales lasting for about a week or so, and some retailers, such as Amazon, often cutting prices well before. In other words, keep your eyes peeled for great deals from the beginning of November onwards.
Can you get great Black Friday smart home deals?
Yes – lots of deals will last from Black Friday through to Cyber Monday and beyond. For more details on other deals to expect as well as tips and tricks, dos and don'ts and how Black Friday really works, we've got you covered.
Where should I shop for the best Black Friday smart home deals?
With homeware brands ever more attuned to the Black Friday buzz, you can expect big savings from some of our favourite brands.
So, you should be able to buy smart home tech via Amazonand John Lewis among others. And while we can't predict exactly who will be slashing prices on what just yet, why not take a look back in time with us to see what we might expect?
Last year saw Amazon slash the price of their own products – think Echo, Echo Dot, Kindle – and help customers save a hefty £90 when purchasing a Hive thermostat. Meanwhile, John Lewis knocked £50 off the Google Home smart speaker. Argos lowered prices on several of their smart home items, including the Amazon Echo Plus by £30, and the Dot which went down to an all-time bargain price of £34.99.
However, sometimes retailers opt out of Black Friday – which is why it's worth checking back here for updates because we'll be monitoring the best deals for you.
Are Black Friday smart home savings real?
Yes, but... since many products' prices change frequently, checking the price history of what you're planning to buy on CamelCamelCamel.com or PriceSpy will tell you whether the savings are real or not. These sites show you whether a price is likely to re-occur.
What's more, it's also likely that the smart home tech you're shopping for will be discounted again soon (think Boxing Day sales). Always check, rather than be distracted by the recommended retail price, especially on big ticket home buys.
How we'll help you find the best Black Friday smart home deals
Finding the deals is the trickiest part of Black Friday weekend. With so many retailers offering huge savings, it can be difficult to know where to start looking.
The good news? We’ll provide a guide to the best Black Friday smart home deals (and, since you ask, on everything for your home, including TVs, mattresses, storage, furniture, gifts and more). That way, we’ll do the browsing and you can snap up the bargains.
In terms of preparing, we've got you covered on all bases. Take a read of our features to make sure that when the 23rd November rolls around, you know what to expect.
- How Black Friday really works
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018: the best deals and how to get them
- Black Friday: The dos and don'ts
- 10 tips for getting the best Black Friday deals in 2018
- Black Friday deals 2018: the bargains and discounts we expect to see this year
How to buy the best smart home tech at the best price
Looking for smart home tech? Buying online can be nerve-wracking BUT totally possible with our in-depth buying guides and deep reviews. Check out these buyer's guides for the best deals and bags of guidance.
- Best smart home tech for your house
- Best smart home tech for your kitchen
- Best smart home tech for your living room
- Best smart home tech for your bedroom
- Best smart lightbulbs
- Best smart doorbells
- Best smart TV streamers
- Best smart lighting gadgets
- Best smart speakers
- Best smart thermostat
- Best smart cat flaps
Smart home deep reviews (ie, we've tried them and can report back):
Is the smart home tech you're buying right for you?
We're lucky enough to be able to tap the giant brains of our colleagues over at TechRadar, which means all our reviews and many of our smart home buying guides are researched and written by true experts.
Quick links to the best Black Friday smart home deals
- The best Amazon smart home tech deals
- The best AO smart home tech deals
- The best Currys smart home tech deals
- The best John Lewis smart home tech deals
- The best Argos smart home tech deals
- The best Ebay smart home tech deals
- The best B&Q smart home tech deals
- The best Littlewoods smart home tech deals
- The best Very smart home tech deals
More Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Best Black Friday bed deals
- Best Black Friday mattress deals
- Best Black Friday sofa deals
- Best Black Friday washing machine deals
- Best Black Friday fridge and freezer deals
- Best Black Friday sofa bed deals
- Best Black Friday bedding deals
- Best Black Friday TV deals