A pumpkin spice latte is the ultimate comforting coffee drink for when it's chilly outside! This recipe is easy, tasty and loaded with the season's best flavors, so it's totally worth giving it a shot! Get it?
And while anything pumpkin-related is synonymous with autumnal recipes, that's not to say that you can't enjoy this at any time of year. As far as taste goes, it's delicious, point blank! Plus, the espresso involved means you'll get a gentle caffeine hit too, to make your day even brighter.
If you're into coffee as much as us, then you might be interested in one of the best coffee machines around to make this recipe even more like the pros.
Pumpkin spice latte recipe
This recipe is Dualit's take on this seasonal classic – full of those traditional flavors we all love, and all made from the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tsp all spice (or 1tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg and 5 cloves)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp demerara sugar
- 250ml cold milk
- 1 x espresso shot (make it a double if you're really sleepy)
1. To make the all-important pumpkin spice mix, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and sugar (if required) into a pestle and mortar and grind until smooth and infused.
2. Add ¼ teaspoon of this pumpkin spice mix to a tall, latte glass.
3. Pour 250ml of cold milk into a milk frother, use a hand whisk or shake in a jar until double the volume like you would with a Dalgona coffee
4. Make an espresso shot.
5. Pour the milk into the glass and stir in the spice. Allow to settle for one minute, before topping with your espresso shot.
6. Sprinkle another pinch of the pumpkin spice mix on the frothy latte top and enjoy the taste of autumn in a glass!
An alternative method to make this latte is to gently infuse the spices in milk in a microwave or in a pan. Then simply follow steps 4 and 5, before frothing 100ml of milk. Spoon the froth on top of your latte and sprinkle with a pinch of the pumpkin spice mix.