We don't know about you, but we're using isolation to catch up on TV and those DIY jobs we've been putting off. If you need some inspiration to get started on your own home improvements, then you need to watch the latest episode of the Real Homes Show, our online TV show. If you want a DIY job that'll transform your home, then watch as presenter Laura Crombie shows you how to paint kitchen cupboards – and they don't even need to be wood to get a great result.
Also in this episode, sponsored by Resi (opens in new tab), we've got dining trends for 2020 and the garden gadgets that'll make your outdoor space look fantastic...with minimal effort. Plus, we take you though the process of building an extension. You might not be able to get the builders in at the moment, but it's the perfect time to plan and get approval for your dream extension.
The whole episode is 19 minutes' long, but you can use these timing to skip to your favourite sections:
- How to paint kitchen cupboards (46 secs): If you want to revamp your kitchen without spending a fortune, then painting the cupboards could be the perfect solution. Here’s how to get the perfect finish.
- The best garden gadgets (6 mins 30 secs): Whether you see gardening as a pleasure or a chore, here’s how the latest garden gadgets will turn you into a fully fledged Dimmock or Titchmarsh.
- Dining room trends for 2020 (9 mins 47 secs): Interior designer Sian Astley (opens in new tab) explains the three key trends we'll be seeing in our dining areas, from statement lighting to bespoke seating.
- Guide to building an extension (12 mins 24 secs): Architect Nick Stockley explains how to minimise disruption during an extension build, plus what to do if something goes wrong. If you're planning a building project once we're out of isolation, you need to watch this.
- Competition time (18 mins 13 secs): Win a plantation shutters for a room of your choice, worth up to £1,500.
For our latest competition, click on the top article here.