This vegetable quiche recipe is just what you need if you're looking for an easy lunch recipe that also makes the most of any leftovers you may have hanging around in the fridge. After all, it only calls for milk, eggs and cheese, as well as any vegetables you might have hanging around for roasting.
With all of us being encouraged to stay at home as much as possible and limit our food shops to once a week, we should really be thinking about how we can make the most of what we already have hanging around. And this roasted vegetable quiche recipe does just that.
Follow the steps below, then head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
Roasted vegetable quiche
- Plain flour, 200 grams
- Butter, 150 grams
- One large egg
- Vegetable for roasting – we love onions, courgette, peppers, tomatoes and aubergine, but you can use whatever you have in the fridge
- Cheese, 155 grams – most recipes call for gruyere, but if you don't have any to hand a simple cheddar will also do the job
- Double cream, 250 millilitres
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- A good glug of olive oil
1. Chop all of your vegetables and place in a baking tray with plenty of olive oil and salt and pepper for seasoning. Roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Find more tips on how to roast vegetables in our handy guide
2. In the meantime, you'll need to get on with making your pastry. Place your flour and butter in a bowl and rub together with your fingers until you achieve a bread-crumb consistency. Equally, you can place your ingredients in a food processor and combine in this way. Need more help? Use our pastry recipe to find out how.
3. Next, add your egg and a sprinkle of water to the mix and combine until you form a dough. Use your dough to line the base of your tin – you may need to grease it to prevent too much sticking. Leave to chill in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Transfer your pastry to the oven and bake for around 20 minutes at 180ºC/160ºC Fan/Gas 4.
5. Once roasted, add your vegetables to the tray, along with your grated cheese, cream and plenty of salt and pepper for seasoning. If you wish, you could also add mixed herbs at this stage.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 180ºC/160ºC Fan/Gas 4.