We love idea of spinach frittata for a simple lunch idea. A great way to use up your greens, this simple recipe is made even more delicious thanks to the addition of some super succulent spicy lamb.
Packed full of flavour, this simple recipe is one of our favourite ways to use leftover lamb – though it can also be prepared from scratch – in a whole new way, and only calls for a few ingredients which you're likely to already have at home. Sounds like a pretty good deal to us...
- Find more recipe ideas and inspiration over on our food hub
Spinach frittata with spicy leftover lamb
- Leftover lamb (though you could also prepare it from fresh)
- An onion, finely chopped
- A clove of garlic, crushed
- Nutmeg, half a teaspoon
- Chilli flakes, half a teaspoon
- Spinach, a few large handfuls
- Eggs, 2 to 3 per person
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
1. Add a good drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan, along with your finely chopped onion and garlic. Soften for a few minutes, before adding the spices and leftover lamb. If you're looking lamb from scratch, you should do so now. Ensure everything is covered in the spices and allow to cook for a few minutes, before adding the spinach and allowing to wilt a little.
2. Place your eggs in a separate bowl, whisking until you achieve a smooth consistency. Season well with plenty of salt and pepper.
3. Pour your egg into the frying pan, on top of the lamb and spice mix. Cook for a few minutes, or until the egg looks like it is beginning to scramble.
4. Place under the grill for between five and ten minutes at around 200ºC, or until golden brown on top. Serve with a side salad.