Limbering up for a Sunday roast this weekend, or next? Roast lamb is a popular option year around, but no more so than during spring, and especially in the lead up to Easter. So, when Aldi offered to share their super tasty leg of lamp recipe, we jumped at the chance.
Wrapped in tasty pancetta, this leg of lamb recipe is super easy to prep and delivers seriously succulent results. Plus, who doesn't like the sounds of a slightly crispy exterior. Find the full recipe below, and don't miss our classic leg of lamb recipe. Then head over to our food hub for more ideas and inspiration.
Leg of lamb wrapped in pancetta
- Leg of lamb
- Pesto, 60 grams
- Rosemary, a few sprigs
- Garlic, two bulbs
- Vegetable stock, 500 millilitres
- Sea salt and black pepper, for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC /375ºF/Gas 4.
2. Cut the bulbs of garlic into halves. Pull off a few cloves from one of the halves and peel.
3. Rub the pesto over the lamb and season with some salt and pepper.
4. Cover the lamb with the strips of pancetta and cut 6 slashes through into the lamb. Stuff the slashes with the garlic cloves and sprigs of rosemary. Then, place the lamb in a roasting tray and add the remaining garlic around it.
5. Dissolve the stock cube in the water and pour around the lamb.
6. Cover the lamb loosely with some tin foil and roast for 2 hours. After the 2 hours, remove the tin foil and roast for a further 30 mins.
7. Allow the lamb to rest covered for 30 mins before carving. Meanwhile, use any juices to make some gravy.