Love hummus, but don't want to venture to the shops? While not an essential, hummus is delicious as a snack or a light lunch, and is actually very easy to make at home (you'll be surprised just how easy). All the ingredients are easy to get in a supermarket – but you might find you already have them in your cupboard – and preparation time is quick.
Find more great recipes at our hub page.
How to make hummus
For the hummus, you will need:
- A tin of chickpeas
- Tahini paste, a tablespoon
- The juice of one lemon
- Olive oil, three to four tablespoons
- A pinch of salt
- One garlic clove
1. Combine all the ingredients for the hummus in a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste.
2. If the hummus is too dry, you can add a bit of the water from the tinned chickpeas, or a bit more olive oil.
3. Garnish with paprika, parsley, more olive oil, or chili powder.