Breakfast burritos are a must if you prefer to opt for something savoury in the morning, or fancy a filling, protein packed breakfast to ensure you start your day the right way. Plus, they taste pretty delicious, even if we say so ourselves.
Made using egg, tortilla wraps and a few veggies you'll likely have hanging around, these breakfast burritos – which are approved by the government's change for life campaign – can be knocked up in around 20 minutes and will keep you full until lunch, or beyond. Alternatively, consider giving these breakfast burritos a go, come lunch time.
- Special thanks to Aldi for sharing this tasty recipe with us
- Four soft wholewheat flour tortillas
- Six eggs
- Milk, four tablespoons
- Two tomatoes, finely chopped
- Two spring onions, finely chopped
- A pepper, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, two teaspoons
- Cheddar cheese, 40 grams
- Ground pepper, for seasoning
1. Lay out the tortillas on a work surface. Preheat the grill.
2. Beat the eggs and milk together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomatoes, spring onions and pepper, seasoning with black pepper.
4. Heat ½ tsp of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour in one quarter of the beaten egg mixture.
5. Cook on the hob over a medium heat for a few moments to set the base.
6. Sprinkle one quarter of the tomato mixture over the surface, then sprinkle 10g of the cheese over the top.
7. Grill to set the egg and melt the cheese.
8. Place the cooked egg mixture on top of one tortilla and wrap.
9. Repeat this process until all four tortillas have been filled and wrapped