Marmite Peanut butter pancakes*? Yep, they're a thing, and, if the key ingredient is anything to go buy, these either will become your favourite pancakes ever – or, well, you will have tried something entirely new.
Marmite peanut butter pancakes
For the batter, you will need:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 200ml semi skimmed milk or milk alternative
- 20g melted butter
- A little oil, for frying
For the topping:
- 3-4 tablespoons Marmite Peanut Butter
- 1 banana, sliced
1. For the pancakes, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs, milk and butter until smooth.
2. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and drop a large tablespoon of batter to make a round approximately 7 to 8cm for each pancake.
3. Cook until underside is golden brown and small bubbles appear on the surface (one to two mins). Turnover and cook until the other side is golden brown.
4. Repeat until remaining batter is used up.
5. Serve pancakes spread with Marmite Peanut Butter and a layering of chopped banana.
*Recipe generously provided by Marmite
- Up for something a bit more traditional? Learn how to poach an egg