Want to learn how to make scrambled eggs? A super simple option for today's lunch – but also weekend brunches and easy weekday dinners, too. The upside of scrambled eggs? They're healthy, hearty and filling which is great news if you're serious about watching what you eat.
And the best thing about scrambled eggs is how versatile they are. Enjoy them on their own, or with a side of smoked salmon and avocado for a great source of healthy fats. We love them with a serving of roasted tomatoes, too. We talk you through the steps below.
You will need:
Eggs – 2 to 3 medium eggs per person
Salt and pepper
How to make scrambled eggs
1. Begin by cracking your eggs into a large bowl. We'd recommend 2 to 3 eggs per person as an average.
2. Take a whisk and begin beating your eggs until they form a smooth, yellow consistency.
3. If you like your eggs super smooth and creamy, add a dash of milk at this stage. If not, leave it out.
4. Season your egg mixture using salt and plenty of pepper.
5. Place a frying pan on the hob, and begin melting a small knob of butter.
6. Once melted, add in your egg mixture and turn down the hob to a low heat.
7. Take a spatula and begin working your eggs, ensuring that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. If you're serving scrambled eggs with toast, this is the time to start toasting.
8. Once most of the liquid mixture has become soft, but solid, remove your eggs from the heat. You don't want to risk overcooking them, so stop before the mixture begins to look dry.
9. Serve your scrambled egg
Can you cook scrambled eggs in the microwave?
Yes, you can cook scrambled eggs in a microwave. We don't think they come out as well as if they're cooked in a pan, but if you don't have access to a hob (speaking to you, students), here's how to get the best results:
1. Break your chosen number of eggs into a microwave safe mixing bowl.
2. Add a dash of milk (and we mean just a dash), season with salt and pepper and mix well together.
3. Microwave on high for half a minute.
4. Remove from the microwave, stir with a fork, put back in.
5. Microwave for another half a minute, remove, scramble with the fork.