This slow cooker raspberry upside down cake is a real winner. For this recipe you will need to grease and line the base and sides of your slow cooker/Crockpot bowl with some foil or baking parchment. Then, it's just a case of letting your appliance work its magic.
You will need for the sponge:
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g softened butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 150g self raising flour
Ingredients for the raspberry topping:
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g softened butter
- 300g fresh raspberries
1. Prepare the topping by placing the sugar and butter into a small mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whisk for approx one minute until combined.
2. Spoon onto the lined base of your bowl, spreading evenly to cover.
3. Top with the raspberries.
4. For the sponge, place the butter and sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy.
5. Gradually whisk in the eggs beating well between each addition.
6. Slowly mix in the flour, do not over-mix.
7. Spoon the sponge mixture over the raspberries and level the top.
8. Place a clean tea-towel over the bowl before closing the lid, this will ensure your cake stays dry during cooking.
9. Cook on Low for 2.5 to three hours.
10. Remove the t-towel and lid and carefully place the inner bowl onto a wire cooling rack for approx 30 mins.
11. Carefully remove the cake using the foil sling which formed part of your bowl lining. Otherwise run a knife around the outside of the cake and invert the pot, carefully catching the cooled cake onto your hand before transferring to a plate.
12. Delicious served warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- For all our recipes, go to our hub page