If you haven’t tried slow cook desserts yet, cooking a slow cooker apple sponge cake in your slow cooker first is a great place to start. Sprinkled with icing sugar and set on a decorative serving plate, this makes a great centrepiece for a teatime table setting. Keep scrolling to find out how to make this easy recipe.
You will need:
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm cubes
- Icing sugar, to decorate
1. Whisk sugar, flour, butter, eggs and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Grease the pot of the slow cooker with butter and put half of the mixture into the pot.
3. Add the apples and cover with the remaining mixture.
4. Cover and cook on high for around one and a half to two hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
5. Remove the slow cooker pot, allow to cool, then run a knife around the cake before turning out.
6. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
Find more great slow cooker recipes in our roundup.