Want to know how to make cookie dough? Once you've mastered the art, the world's your oyster in terms of making sweet treats. Add everything from chocolate chips and peanut butter to orange zest or a fancy glaze for a cookie that suits your taste. Having said all of that, we do love us a freshly baked plain cookie, too.
Plus, you can even get the kids involved with this super easy recipe, which takes under 20 minutes from start to finish.
For more food tips and recipes, visit our hub page.
How to make cookie dough
To make a whole batch of cookies (about 12), you will need:
- Unsalted butter, 225 grams, cubed
- Caster sugar, 150 grams
- Salt, a pinch
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Two teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plain flour, 250 grams
- A dash of whole milk
- Two eggs
1. In a mixing bowl, combined the butter and the sugar and mix with a food mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the salt and baking powder to the flour and mix together well.
3. Add the eggs to the whipped butter and sugar and continue mixing. Gradually fold in the flour.
4. At the end, add a bit of milk to prevent the dough from being too sticky, and add the vanilla extract. Turn off the mixer and cover the dough with cling film. Refrigerate until needed.