Looking for kid-friendly cupcake recipes? When it comes to cooking with little ones, it doesn't get much easier than cupcakes. Prepared in around 30 minutes, the baking process is about long enough to maintain their attention span. Plus, minimal ingredients are required, and you'll end up with a tasty treat. What's not to love.
Below you'll find a basic recipe for vanilla cupcakes. But feel free to add in cocoa powder for a chocolate cupcake, or switch out the vanilla extracts for grated orange, or lemon, if you fancy something a little more fruity. And when you're done, let the kids attack the cupcakes with icing for another 30 minutes of entertainment.
Head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
- Softened Butter, 100 grams
- Sugar, 100 grams
- Self-raising flour, 100 grams
- 2 medium eggs
- Vanilla essence, two teaspoons
1. Combine the softened butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix until you form a smooth, pale batter.
2. Mix in the eggs, followed by vanilla essence and sifted flour. Continue to mix until you achieve everything is thoroughly combined.
3. Split your cupcakes between as many as 12 paper cupcake cases. Then, place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Leave to cool completely before icing. Then use our guide to how to make icing.