Mmmm, cinnamon rolls. The most beautiful phrase in the English language (when you're hungry)? We think that once you've tried this sugary cold-weather treat, you'll keep baking it all through the festive season. Cinnamon rolls are also delicious as a naughty breakfast – we dare you to try dipping these in coffee.
Find more recipes at our hub page.
Cinnamon rolls: the recipe
This recipe has kindly been provided by Gousto.
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 50g butter
- 2 tangerines
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c/ 160°C (fan)/ 350°F/ Gas 4.
2. Mix your spices. Zest the tangerines into the spice mix. Melt the butter in a pan over the stove or in a microwave
Tip: Smell the mix – if it’s not bringing you enough Christmas nostalgia, add extra spices of choice.
3. Unroll the pastry and spread about 2/3 of the butter onto it. With a sieve, sprinkle sugar evenly over the top, then sprinkle about half of the spice mix.
4. Roll the longest edge of the pastry inwards, making sure it’s tight. Brush the final edge with butter to make it stick. Using a sharp knife, slice into 12 even pieces.
5. Place on a baking tray and use the remaining butter to brush the tops of the swirls
6. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden.
7. Juice one of the tangerines and mix with icing sugar – this is your glaze.
8. Paint the cooked swirls with the glaze and enjoy!