How much is too much to spend on headphones? Of course, the answer will depend partly on how much you use them, and partly on how important sound quality is to you. For audio enthusiasts, money's not so much of an issue when it comes to picking a great pair of headphones. But what if you want a pair of great performing, super comfortable headphones without breaking the bank? That's where things get trickier.
Fortunately, Amazon's Black Friday sale has a wealth of offers on amazing headphones, and one particular pair in the sale has caught our eye: the Sennheiser PXC 550s (opens in new tab). Scroll to find out more...
- Shop all Black Friday headphone, speaker and music offers at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless Noise Cancelling headphones | Was £329.99, now £174.99 (opens in new tab)
We think every audiophile should own a pair of Sennheiser headphones, renowned for crystal clear sound quality and superior comfort. These headphones also have the benefit of working for 30 hours on a single charge.
The Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones are truly a thing of beauty. Anyone who's owned a pair of Sennheisers will know that they make amazing quality headphones, and these are no exception.
Where these headphones really come into their own, though, is comfort: they are super lightweight, very cushioned, and ergonomically shaped. What really stands out to us is how nice the noise cancelling technology is here: there's no unnecessary pressure on the ear, no sucking sensation you get with some noise-cancelling headphones, and you can hear yourself speak, all of which reduce the disorienting effect some people experience with noise cancelling.
They're totally worth it, in our opinion – especially at under £175.
What other retailers are doing well this Black Friday:
- Amazon (opens in new tab): new Black Friday deals every day
- Amara (opens in new tab): up to 50% off top homeware brands inc LSA and Tom Dixon
- AO (opens in new tab): Black Friday deals on appliances are live now
- Argos (opens in new tab): appliances, furniture and toys all in the Black Friday sale
- Boots (opens in new tab): save up to half price on selected items including beauty and electricals
- B&Q (opens in new tab): Black Friday sale live with smart home kit, tools and much more
- Carphone Warhouse (opens in new tab): deals on phones, headphones and accessories
- Cox & Cox (opens in new tab): Grey Friday sale 22% off homewares
- Currys (opens in new tab): Black Friday Why Wait sale – ps. they will refund if they drop prices
- Debenhams (opens in new tab): Black Friday live including homeware and beauty
- Dyson (opens in new tab): save £100 on selected models for Black Friday
- Hive (opens in new tab): up to 25% off selected products from smart home experts
- Google Store (opens in new tab): deals on smart home and phones
- John Lewis & Partners (opens in new tab): Black Friday sale live. Deals for you and your home
- Lovehoney (opens in new tab): up to 50% off sex toys
- M&S (opens in new tab): offers on wine, food and fashion
- Not on the High Street (opens in new tab): shop daily wonders for 30% off gifts and more
- Oliver Bonas (opens in new tab): pre-Black Friday clearance for fashion and home accessories
- Samsung (opens in new tab): Black Friday sale live. Shop for discounted tech, TVs and appliances
- Simba Sleep (opens in new tab): save up to 40% on mattresses for Black Friday
- Superdrug (opens in new tab): Black Friday sale live for beauty, electrical and more
- Very (opens in new tab): Black Friday sale on everything including appliances and smart home
- Wayfair (opens in new tab): get early access to the Black Friday sale by entering your email
- Zara (opens in new tab): Mid-season sale at Zara Home