Buying a new bed? You'll probably be looking for a great bed sale then. Beds can be spendy buys, so purchasing one while it's on offer in the January sale is the best way to bag a bed that's great quality but won't cost you a fortune.
Whether your current bed is (literally) on its last legs or you just fancy a change since you're spending a lot of time in your house, here's how to bag a bargain base. We're talking everything from single beds to bunk beds, beds with lots of storage and king size beds. And prices start from a crazy cheap £99.99.
First up we've listed all the bed retailers you can think of, along with their current offers available on site below. Then, just click to shop all these great deals.
The best January bed sales by retailer
- Argos: Save up to 20% on beds and mattresses
- Bensons for Beds: 20% off beds
- Cuckooland: Up to 25% off bedroom furniture
- Furniture Village: Huge bed sale live on site and discount codes available
- Groupon: Beds from £50
- Happy Beds: Clearance sale now online
- John Lewis & Partners: shop beds in the winter sale
- La Redoute: Browse beds in the winter sale
- Made: Get a bargain bed in the Made sale
- Wayfair: Bedroom furniture sale now live on site
The best single bed sales
The best double and king size bed sales
The best storage bed sales
The best bunk bed sale
The best cheap beds
If you haven't found the perfect bed deal for you, don't worry – we found some super cheap beds, that are really affordable even when they aren't on sale...
Choosing the right size bed?
Choosing a new bed? Before you buy in a rush, desperate to score that brilliant bed deal, check you've got the size right. Its best to allow at least 45cm of free space either side of the bed for enough room to vacuum and change the sheets. Note that divan beds come in the same size as standard mattresses, and if you're ordering a bed with drawers underneath for storage, allow enough space for them to open. Bedsteads also require more room than divans.
For those who are looking for a bed to sleep two adults sharing, a king size or super king bed will provide a comfier night's sleep than a standard double. Both sleepers should always be able to lie on the bed with their hands behind their heads, elbows out and not touching. The bed should also be 10-15 cm longer than the tallest personal sleeping in it.
Here are the choices:
- Single: 90cm x 190cm
- Small double (often called a queen): 120cm x 190cm
- Double: 135cm x 190cm
- King: 150cm x 200cm
- Super king: 180cm x 200cm