How much is too much to spend on headphones? Of course, the answer will depend partly on how much you use them, and partly on how important sound quality is to you. For audio enthusiasts, money's not so much of an issue when it comes to picking a great pair of headphones. But what if you want a pair of great performing, super comfortable headphones without breaking the bank? That's where things get trickier.
Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless Noise Cancelling headphones | Was £329.99, now £174.99
We think every audiophile should own a pair of Sennheiser headphones, renowned for crystal clear sound quality and superior comfort. These headphones also have the benefit of working for 30 hours on a single charge.
The Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones are truly a thing of beauty. Anyone who's owned a pair of Sennheisers will know that they make amazing quality headphones, and these are no exception.
Where these headphones really come into their own, though, is comfort: they are super lightweight, very cushioned, and ergonomically shaped. What really stands out to us is how nice the noise cancelling technology is here: there's no unnecessary pressure on the ear, no sucking sensation you get with some noise-cancelling headphones, and you can hear yourself speak, all of which reduce the disorienting effect some people experience with noise cancelling.
They're totally worth it, in our opinion – especially at under £175.
What other retailers are doing well this Black Friday:
- Amazon: new Black Friday deals every day
- Amara: up to 50% off top homeware brands inc LSA and Tom Dixon
- AO: Black Friday deals on appliances are live now
- Argos: appliances, furniture and toys all in the Black Friday sale
- Boots: save up to half price on selected items including beauty and electricals
- B&Q: Black Friday sale live with smart home kit, tools and much more
- Carphone Warhouse: deals on phones, headphones and accessories
- Cox & Cox: Grey Friday sale 22% off homewares
- Currys: Black Friday Why Wait sale – ps. they will refund if they drop prices
- Debenhams: Black Friday live including homeware and beauty
- Dyson: save £100 on selected models for Black Friday
- Hive: up to 25% off selected products from smart home experts
- Google Store: deals on smart home and phones
- John Lewis & Partners: Black Friday sale live. Deals for you and your home
- Lovehoney: up to 50% off sex toys
- M&S: offers on wine, food and fashion
- Not on the High Street: shop daily wonders for 30% off gifts and more
- Oliver Bonas: pre-Black Friday clearance for fashion and home accessories
- Samsung: Black Friday sale live. Shop for discounted tech, TVs and appliances
- Simba Sleep: save up to 40% on mattresses for Black Friday
- Superdrug: Black Friday sale live for beauty, electrical and more
- Very: Black Friday sale on everything including appliances and smart home
- Wayfair: get early access to the Black Friday sale by entering your email
- Zara: Mid-season sale at Zara Home