House felt cramped over Christmas? Then it could be time you considered converting your garage. In the latest episode of the Real Homes Show, presenter Laura Crombie explains how garage conversions are one of the home improvement projects that people often get wrong, and shows you how to avoid the most common pitfalls. From layout ideas to how much it should cost, watch now for everything you need to know before converting your dumping ground into useable space. Oh, and did we mention it's loads cheaper than extending?
Also in this episode of our online TV show, which is sponsored by Self Build Zone (opens in new tab), we put cordless vacuums to the test to reveal which is worth spending your money on. We've also got the lowdown on smart TVs, and how to make the minimalist look liveable.
The whole episode is 20 minutes' long, but you can use these timing to skip to the sections you want to watch:
- Garage conversions (45 secs): 5 things you need to know before converting your garage
- Cordless vacuums (4 mins 40 secs): We test Dyson, Shark and Vax stick vacuums
- Smart TVs (11 mins 5 secs): The best TVs for streaming the latest box sets
- Minimalist style (14 mins 15 secs): How to declutter your interiors
- Competition (18 mins): Win an architect design package for your renovation or extension
If you're thinking of renovating, extending or even self building in 2020, then our latest competition is for you. We've teamed up with Mark Muir Architects (opens in new tab) to give one lucky winner the chance to win a Blueprint design package, worth £1,200. This includes a consultation with an architect, plus scaled sketches and CAD designs. This competition has now closed but you can click on the top article here to enter our latest giveaway.