Tortilla pizzas, or wrap pizzas as they're also known, are an option worth considering if you can't find the right ingredients to make traditional pizza dough. Plus, they're a little bit lighter than your average pizza if you're looking for an easy option for lunch.
Simply load up your tortilla wrap with cheese, tomato puree and any other toppings you may have to hand – we're thinking pepperoni and mushrooms, roasted veg and ricotta, ham and pineapple or anything else.
- Tortilla wrap – try making your own tortilla wraps in our step-by-step guide
- Tomato puree, passata or tinned tomatoes
- Grated cheese
- Olive oil
- Your choice of toppings – we love the idea of pepperoni and mushroom, ricotta and parma ham, roasted vegetables and pine nuts, ham and pineapple, but you can choose whatever you might have to hand
1. Place your tortilla wrap on a baking tray and brush a thin layer of olive oil either side.
2. Coat your wrap with a thin layer of tomato puree, passata or tinned tomatoes – don't use too much or you may find that your tortilla pizza becomes a little soggy.
3. Add your toppings to the pizza, then top with plenty of cheese.
4. Season with salt and pepper, as well as any dried herbs you might have to hand.
5. Bake in the oven for five to six minutes, or until golden brown.