This no yeast pizza dough is so simple that a child can make it. Put another way, this is the pizza dough you'll love making with the kids – or even just on your own if you feel like a quick homemade meal.
Not only is it super easy to make – you'll be done in 15 minutes with no need for proving – it's also a great alternative to traditional pizza dough if you're short on ingredients, or can't find essentials in store.
Browse the full recipe below, then head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
- Tortilla pizza: make a wrap pizza without yeast or flour
No yeast pizza dough
To make a no-yeast pizza, you will need:
- Plain flour, 300 grams
- Baking soda, two teaspoons
- Water, 150 ml
- Olive oil, one tablespoon
- Salt, one teaspoon
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead into a ball on a worktop sprinkled with flour. If too hard, add more water. The consistency should be soft and bouncy, not sticky.
2. After kneading for about three minutes, roll out with a rolling pin. Add toppings of your choice – a simple passata and grated mozzarella (or even cheddar) will please the kids, and bake for around eight minutes.
Tip: If you are making very thin, Romana-style pizza, separate the dough into two halves and bake separately.
Can you freeze no-yeast pizza dough?
You can! Once your dough has risen, split into balls – each one large enough to make a single pizza base – wrap in cling film and store in the freezer for up to three months. This is a great option if you're looking for easy, midweek meals.