Now that the hazy warm summer evening is soon approaching were looking for the best ways to make your garden you summery haven that both you and guests stargazing at ALDI's garden lights. While holdiays may be a no go, you can dress your garden with a twinkle of artificial beauty with a wide range of lights so the party at home can continue outside when it gets dark.
Find more of the best garden lighting 2020 in our buyer's guide – and don't miss our other favourite retailers' best buys, too.
- Use these garden lighting ideas to inspire your scheme's design
- Amazon: Huge range of garden furniture at all the best prices
- Argos: Super stylish garden furniture for very affordable prices
- B&Q: Gorgeous garden furniture to shop on site (please note most is for click + collect only and there's a queue to get on the site currently)
- Dunelm: Prices from £39
- Groupon: 100s of garden furniture sets, sofas and more
- Habitat: Gorgeous garden furniture from £50
- John Lewis: Great garden furniture at fair prices
- La Redoute: HUGE garden furniture sale on! Use code NEW for 40% off
- MADE: Offers on selected garden lines
- Maisons Du Monde: Click to see gorgeous garden furniture from hammocks to bistro sets
- M&S: Get up to 25% off garden furniture
- The Range: Affordable garden furniture sets, sofas, chairs and more
- Very: Shop 100s of garden furniture pieces now
- Wayfair: Garden furniture for any budget
- Wickes: Garden furniture from £65 (queuing may be necessary)
1. Aldi garden string lights
Make your garden totally photogenic with these soft white lights with flashing function for only £9.98 for a 10m pack. These solar LED lights are perfect for basically anywhere in your garden and its difficult for them not to look great, whether they are lining your garden fence or lining you outside door frame, or even if you manage to string them across your garden to create a star dazzling effect.
2. Pathway lights to dot around borders and patios
We also love these mini bollard lights, £12.99 for four (sadly not the gorgeous looking lanterns). These solar lights need to be in the sun for the majority of the day, but are an efficient way to illuminate your garden. Especially if your working with a larger space, these lights are perfect for those of you who intend on hosting parties as they can lead your guests to different bits of your garden... we're getting excited just imagining the potential.
3. String lights, fairy lights and vintage bulbs
The ideal light for introducing a warmer lighting scheme to your garden is Aldi's retro solar light bulb for £3.49. Picture a cosy outdoor space with a sofa and blankets and this beautiful light hanging from your garden fence or hedge – this dreamy scene is frankly mouth-watering, which is in fact another bonus as the light is entirely waterproof...
4. Light trees to create a fun look
Why not fulfill your wishes for the fantasy garden with this solar blossom tree that not just your kids but you will find enchanting? Despite its abstract and fun look, this product is only £14.99 so if you want to create a sparkling forest with three or four, then you can, without breaking the bank. This tree is 1.2m, so tall enough to perfectly complement a cosy outdoor lounge space, or place it on a low table next to an outdoor sofa.
5. A show stopping lantern to create a focal point
Another warmer light that also adds a hint of retro meets modern to your space is this solar wire lantern for £7.99, which can transform from a centrepiece on a table, to an extra low light on a garden deck, to an addition to a hanging wall display. This versatile piece can steal the show and can complete the perfect looking garden, giving any garden Love Island vibes. Like all the other garden lights, this light automatically turns on when it gets dark meaning no hassle with switches and is 23.5 x 15 cm.
6. Copper wire lights to create an easy table centrepiece
We are in love with this subtle but enchanting option: these 200 copper wire solar lights are 2m long so can be clumped together to make a lovely little light ball or be wound around a small hedge. These aren't an in-your-face option but a lot of a little touches can have a massive effect on your garden, so buy them in bulk and spread the lights out to highlight your favourite areas. As these lights can be used anywhere we're not surprised they're in such high demand.