We admit it: Valentine's Day gifting is a confusing minefield. Whether you are buying for him, for her, a foodie, someone who loves football, or, perhaps it's a new for 2021 Valentine? Oooh. Either way, the Real Homes Valentine's Day gift guide can help.
We've listed 33 lovely Valentine's Day gifts your other half will love to receive, below. From practical buys to gimmicky presents that'll be sure to put a smile on their face, and of course food and drink-related gifts, too. All of these gifts will also arrive before Valentine's Day – if you order ASAP. From smaller businesses and large companies, so that you have a good selection to choose from. What are you waiting for? Valentine's Day is very soon, and these lovely buys will be off the (online) shelves in a few days time.
How to make date night special at home? Valentine's Day or not, see our home date night ideas guide for inspiration.
33 last-minute Valentine's Day gifts your other half will love
1. A unique hand-shaped vase for holding fresh or dried flowers – from Etsy
We LOVE this porcelain vase – which is available in lots of colours – and we think they will love it, too. Use it for holding blooms (fresh or dried) to spruce up a section of your bedroom, living room or open shelving. So unique!
2. This lovely memory book for remembering the good... and the bad... times – from Oliver Bonas
We love the idea of this One Line A Day book – simply fill it out once a day, and over five years you will realise how different your life is, how your priorities have changed and how you have grown. Write anything from something that made you smile to something you need to do, or an idea you've had.
3. Some Valentine's Day heart-shaped biscuits for the foodie in your life – from Etsy
Give your Valentine the gift of some lovely (and super Instagrammable) biscuits this year – they'll love it. Choose your flavour and personalise them with their name –they even come in a gift box...
4. Gift them a candle making kit to bring out their crafty side – from Firebox
Since we are all stuck indoors this Valentine's Day, then it'd be a good idea to gift them something they can use to keep them busy. Like this candle making kit, for instance. Or, you could buy a kit and make them some lovely personalised candles yourself – talk about thoughtful!
5. Some black truffle slices for a fancy breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner – from Amazon
If you are buying for a truffle lover this Valentine's Day, then this gift is a no-brainer. This way they can enjoy truffle – slices, not the oil – on everything from their scrambled eggs to their pasta, homemade pizzas or even just to jazz up cheese on toast. We've tried these truffle slices, and they get a 10 out of 10 from us.
6. A flipping lovely personalised spatula for a foodie – from Not on the High Street
This sweet personalised gift can be used by your partner on a Sunday morning while making pancakes, on a summer's afternoon to flip burgers or to flip those Monday morning eggs to be served on avocado toast.
7. A LEGO bouquet with a difference – from Argos
If you want to get your other half some flowers this year but don't want to fall into that cliche, then gift them some LEGO flowers – they'll last for years and years, and they'll have fun building them, too.
8. A decanter for their favourite drink – from Etsy
Every spirit lover needs a decanter to store their favourite drink in style. And, a good decanter will keep your drink – whether that be whiskey, wine or gin – looking the part in your kitchen (or on your drinks trolley) and tasting fresh.
9. Treat them to the comfiest double cotton pyjamas from The White Company
Because pyjamas are a great gift for anyone, especially while in lockdown. These are comfortable enough to spend an entire Saturday in, and they come in blue or pink.
10. Check out these NOTHS personalised Champagne glasses
We think these lovely Champagne glasses would look great on your bar cart –alternatively, they're a lovely keepsake if you just want to display them.
11. A Scooms silk eye mask so that they sleep like a dream
Okay, so an eye mask has the ability to transform your sleep – we would know as we use one every day. If you are like us, then it's important to buy one that's of good quality, and this one is made from Mulberry Silk to keep your lashes fluttering and your skin looking (and feeling) lovely.
12. For a F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan – the official cookbook of the show
If you are buying for a F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan, or just a food lover in general, then this cookbook will make them smile. Whether they want to give Rachel's famous beef trifle a taste, Ross' beloved sandwich or even some of Phoebe's grandmother's cookies.
13. Bring the spa home with this gift set – from Not on the High Street
Whether you'd usually celebrate Valentine's Day at a spa, or, perhaps you think your other half deserves a rest, this spa kit can help them unwind.
14. Buy them a trendy print of their favourite football team – from NOTHS
If you are buying for a football fan but are fed up of having distasteful memorabilia scattered around your home, then get them this surprisingly lovely looking print and personalise it to their favourite team.
15. Gift them a bottle of this rosé Champagne – from John Lewis
Not only does this Champagne taste lovely, but it's pink to go with the whole Valentine's theme, and we can confirm that it looks lovely on display – ours is currently sitting proudly on our bar cart.
16. An instant printer for capturing those precious memories – from Argos
If you really want to treat your other half and get them something that they will actually use, then the Instax Mini Link Smartphone Printer is an awesome gift. They can use it to print their favourite memories...
17. This eco-friendly Dopper water bottle for a busy OH – from John Lewis
A practical Valentine’s Day gift? Yes, they do actually exist. This water bottle is the perfect gift for your eco-warrior significant other.
18. Say it with metal wall mounted lettering – from Amazon
Couldn’t have put it better ourselves! Stick this to your wall with ease and sing the song every time you see it. We used to have this in our kitchen and we loved it!
19. A cute alternative to chocolates – from Biscuiteers
The perfect little token if you don’t go all out on Valentine’s Day gift ideas but still want to show some appreciation, we think. And, if your Valentine isn't too keen on chocolate. Oh, and they can be posted through a letterbox...
20. A feel-good make up bag – from Not on the High Street
What could be a nicer Valentine's Day gift idea than a daily reminder of how lovely you look? They can use this bag to store their makeup, skincare or brushes.
21. Treat him to some sheepskin slippers – from ASOS
If you have ASOS Premier, then you'll probably want to buy the majority of your presents from there – we get it. Slippers are a failsafe present for anyone, especially while we are all confined to our homes and our laminate flooring is colder than ever in the morning.
22. Buy some expertly-crafted cocktails for you both to enjoy at home – from NIO
Bring the bar home this Valentine's Day with help from NIO cocktails. Yes, you can get pre-made lovely tasting cocktails delivered straight to your door. Just choose a fitting glass and add the garnish.
23. A personalised print for the two of you – from Etsy
Mark a special date with this sweet personalise print. Your wedding day? The day you first met? Your first kiss? The choice is yours.
24. Plan your post-lockdown trip with this Lonely Planet travel book – from Amazon
We might not be able to actually go on holiday right now, but nothing will stop us from planning. Gift this book to your travel-loving other half and start making notes.
25. A zen-inducing facial roller – from The White Company
Facial rollers are a hype we have recently gotten on board with – not to mention they make your dressing table look lovely. Great for using to apply serum, it can help keep your skin looking fresh, hydrated and it reduces puffiness.
26. A gin tasting set for a gin lover – from Selfridges
A small (yet tasty) gift so that your Valentine can try a few more gins on their list, this set is a lovely pressie.
27. A giant photobooth print of you both – from Not on the High Street
Collect your favourite couple photos or the pictures that hold the most memories and put them together in this personalised photo booth print. It's large so would great hung up or leaning against a wall as you can see above.
28. This BrewDog beer making kit for lockdown fun – from Firebox
This beer making kit ought to keep them busy (and well watered) while the pubs are still closed. One kit can make eight pints, and it's fun to do, too. You can even get it gift wrapped to make your life easier.
29. This smart item finder for a forgetful Valentine – from Amazon
If your other half is constantly losing their glasses, handbag, keys or whatever else, then this is the present they need. It'll also make your life easier, too, once they stop asking you to help them find things. It's water-resistant, has a long battery life of up to two years and it plays a loud 120dB sound.
30. This portable blender for busy lovers – from Oliver Bonas
We've seen portable blenders everywhere this year – Instagram is flooded with people making a smoothie on the go. By on the go we obvs mean at their local park. A great buy for your SO when life returns to normal, and they won't have time to make a smoothie at home every day, this battery-powered blender is a fab buy.
31. This personalised print of the stars on the night you met – from Amazon Handmade
Amazon sell a range of handmade presents that we love – from this print to personalised mugs and more. This is a lovely gift for the one you love, to remember a day you enjoyed. Stacey Solomon recently featured a map just like it on her Instagram and they sold out instantly – for good reason, clearly.
32. Keep it a secret with this Valentine's Day mystery box – from Firebox
Whether you're completely lost on what to buy your OH for Valentine's Day 2021, or you want to make things fun this year, then see Firebox's mystery Valentine's Day box. Just select if it's for her or him, and pop those feet up and wait for delivery.
33. A subscription to their favourite homes magazine – Real Homes, duh!
The gift that keeps on giving for 12 months, buy your valentine a subscription to Real Homes so they can get some inspiration.