With Amazon Prime Day just around the corner, we had a long, hard think about the kind of deals we'd be keeping our eyes peeled for in the build up to the big day.
While Prime Day is almost guaranteed to be awash with Amazon Alexa and Alexa compatible devices, offers on items that form part of the Google Assistant smart system can be a little more hard to come by given the major rivalry between the brands. FYI, no Google smart devices are sold on Amazon.
So, we put the power of Google Assistant to the test and, having uttered the words 'Okay Google, give us £40 off a smart home hub', we were astounded to discover that our wish was their command.
As part of their bid to crash the Prime Day party, eBay are offering the Google Home Hub for just £79. That's £40 off the usual price and the exact cost of an upfront annual Amazon Prime membership. Amazing. See what happened, though, when we asked Alexa to spill the beans on Prime Day deals.
Complete with a sleek 7in screen, the Google Home Hub makes a handy addition to your smart home set up. Whether you're just starting out in the world of smart home tech, or are looking to expand and enhance an existing system, this is an offer that simply shouldn't be refused.View Deal
- Building a whole smart home system? We've rounded up the best smart home deals
- The best smart speaker 2019: Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri and more
Why should I buy the Google Home Hub?
The Google Home Hub is a smart speaker with a screen; it can talk to you, help you out with to-do lists and also act as a photo frame to display all of your favourite memories. These features – and more – make it the perfect addition to your smart home set-up.
What features does the Home Hub have?
While the Google Home Hub is evolving, all the time, these are some of our favourite features, currently available:
- An Ambient EQ light sensor, which allows the screen to automatically adjust to match the lighting in the room.
- Home View, which shows an overview of all of your other smart products, allowing you to turn them off and on as you please.
- In the morning, Google Home Hub can give you a quick snippet of your day including the weather, what's on your agenda, your commute information (from Google Maps) and reminders from your to-do list.
- Unlike the Echo Show, Home Hub can access Google Maps, Photos and Calendar, and you can watch YouTube and YouTube TV on it (a serious advantage, we think).