Need to shop for last minute Advent calendars? With most of us working from home for the majority of the year, we don't blame you if you totally forgot to get an Advent calendar for your kids or your other half.
They are the kind of thing you pop in your cart on a trip to the grocery store. But if you've been ordering groceries online, or too busy reminiscing on what a 'normal' Christmas should look like, and how you should prepare for it – you may have missed them off your shopping list.
No problem though. We have found a load of places where you can buy an Advent calendar and get it delivered by Monday (or Tuesday at the latest) so nobody has to miss out.
The options below have the option of next-day delivery, or click and collect in some cases – just make sure you check the delivery options at checkout and note it may cost more. There might be a cut-off time for ordering, too. Most of these retailers have a UK and US presence so there'll be no envy on either side of the pond.
We have listed a load of places to buy from, then rounded up some of our favorites – some of which are on sale for Black Friday and beyond. From beauty Advent calendars to toys, coffee capsules to caffeinate through Christmas, and even tasty seasonal tea blends.
Take your pick of the last-minute choices, and if you do have a few more days of planning (hello Ms. Organized), check out our best Advent calendars too.
Best last minute Advent calendars if you've left it late
'Cross off December days with a mini treat - chocolate advent calendars hit the sweet spot, while beer and beauty calendars offer a little grown-up indulgence.' says Amelia Kendrick, beauty buyer at John Lewis & Partners.
Whether you're sitting on your sofa watching Christmas movies, or just need something sweet after a hearty festive dinner, there's no denying the luxurious taste of a Ferrero Rocher ball. A whole hazelnut, enrobed in the infamous Nutella hazelnut-chocolate spread and encased in a crispy wafer ball, coated in even more chocolate and blitzed nuts... Yum!
Now, imagine that pleasurable experience twenty-five days in a row – that is, if you don't rip open the box in a crazy sugar frenzy, with gold foil and brown paper wrappers everywhere (no judging – we've been there).
Now, you don't need to go all the way to Italy to enjoy this calendar. Nor do you need to share them with guests. It's as simple as clicking and adding to your online basket: Tesco and Ocado both stock them, but we're not fussed – whichever Supermarket suits you.
- Ferrero Rondnoir: A delicious combination of tastes and textures from fine wafer and rich creamy cocoa filling to a dark chocolate heart.
- Ferrero Rocher: a whole hazelnut surrounded by delicious layers of crispy wafer, a creamy filling, smooth milk chocolate and finely chopped hazelnut pieces.
- Confetteria Raffaello: Delicate layers of wafer, an elegant velvety center and a toasted almond, all finished with a sprinkling of coconut.
They say the best things are worth waiting for, and that's certainly the case for this Gin and tonic Advent calendar from Fever-Tree, available from Waitrose, and Fevertree. While it's always 5pm in the world somewhere, we wouldn't recommend cracking a window open in the morning... or would we?
As gin deals go, this Advent calendar's hard to beat. With an assortment of 12 gins (think fruity rhubarb, zesty grapefruit, and pomelo, a spicy pink pepper one... Oh, and of course – a Christmas gin! If you want to be OTT at Xmas (and let's face it, who doesn't?) get yourself a food dehydrator (available on Amazon) and create some festive homemade dried orange slices.
Containing a good mix of double serves from premium brands such as The Botanist, along with Fever-Tree's quintessential quinine mixer, you can be sure that you will enjoy the evenings leading up to Christmas. It also means that you can try a sample of each, before committing to a full bottle of your favorite. With gins from France, Scotland, and England, you can travel the world with your tastebuds.
What the experts say
'The Fever-Tree gin & tonic advent calendar sells out every year, with all of Fever-Tree’s best-selling range of tonic waters and high-quality gins, for a perfectly paired countdown to Christmas.' says Chelsea Fumarola, off-trade customer marketing manager at Fever-Tree.
Please drink responsibly. The UK Chief Medical Officers recommend adults do not regularly drink more than 14 units per week. For further health information, visit drinkaware.co.uk
- Fever-Tree Premium Indian Tonic Water 3 x 150ml
- Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light™ ®Mediterranean Tonic Water 3 x 150ml
- Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light™ Clementine Tonic Water 1 x 150ml
- Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light™ Elderflower Tonic Water 2 x 150ml
- Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light™ Aromatic Tonic Water 3x 150ml
Gin brands and flavors
- The Botanist Islay Dry Gin 5cl ℮
- Warner's Raspberry Gin 5cl ℮
- Silent Pool Intricately Realised Gin 5cl ℮
- Audemus Spirits Pink Pepper Gin 5 cl ℮
- Haymans of London Sloe Gin 5cl ℮
- Chase Pink Grapefruit & Pomelo Gin 5cl ℮
- Tanqueray 5cl ℮, Edinburgh Gin Christmas Gin 5cl ℮
- Hendrick's Gin 5cl ℮, Ramsbury 5cl ℮
- Slingsby Rhubarb Gin 5cl ℮, Sipsmith London 5cl ℮
If you're in love with the romantic works of British textile designer and printer, William Morris as much as us – give (or self-gift) this gorgeous beauty box.
This limited edition William Morris Dove & Rose Beauty Advent Calendar, available at Amazon features an eclectic selection of Morris prints and is filled with 24 luxurious beauty miniatures for hands, bath and body, enriched with shea butter, vitamin E, and essential oils and fragranced with four signature scents.
Discover three scented bath fizzers, four relaxing bath salts sachets, four gentle hand and body washes, four fragrant foam baths, and nine shea butter enriched scented hand creams.
Treats are scented with four signature fragrances: Strawberry Thief with rich warm notes of amber, sandalwood, and patchouli, topped with red berries and bergamot; Jasmine and Green Tea with energizing top notes of green tea and jasmine, with freesia and cedarwood.
Geranium and eucalyptus with uplifting notes of eucalyptus and bergamot on a heart of geranium. And, last but not least, white Iris and amber with warm spices and white Iris on a rich base of amber.
There is nothing more festively-devastating than waiting until the end of the day to open that little advent calendar window only to see an empty plastic casement without a cocoa-flavored treat. Now, if your partner is partial to pinching your chocolate you could a) Purchase two advent calendars from what's available on the supermarket shelf or b) Buy one of these Hotel Chocolat The Advent Calendar For Two designs, available at Next.
With its chic design, it screams a couple with discerning taste and has got their life together. This isn't budget chocolate either. OK, it's not the cheapest one on the market, but with the quality of this caliber, it'll stop you from reaching for other sugary stuff.
This Holiday season, Nespresso has collaborated with Colombian fashion designer Johanna Ortiz, to enchant coffee lovers with the launch of its annual Festive collection advent calendar on Nespresso, inspired this year, by the forest. A perfect gift to build upon the biophilic trend in interior design.
Inspired by the beauty and depth of Nature’s forests, Nespresso’s ‘Gifts of the Forest’ limited edition collection encapsulates the brand’s devotion to the precious environment coffee is grown in.
The collection features a range of limited-edition coffees for both the Original and Vertuo systems, along with Festive infused accessories, making for delightful and inspiring gifts for family and friends. It includes 19 capsules of roast and ground coffee, 2 capsules of decaffeinated roast and ground coffee, 2 capsules of flavored roast and ground coffee for the NESPRESSO system.
- Forest Black: A spicy espresso, exotic woody notes.
- Forest Fruit: Flavored espresso with juicy berry aromas, lingering cereal character, and sweet pastry notes.
- Forest Almond: A sweet nutty flavor with almond notes, marked by vanilla and light fruitiness in this coffees' smooth cereal character.
- Barista creations Creme Brulee: Roast and ground coffee with natural caramel flavoring.
- Barista creations Vanilla eclair: Roast and ground coffee with natural vanilla flavoring.
Coffee lovers can also gift this Festive season knowing the coffee brand is giving back to the forest, as the brand goes beyond its agroforestry commitments, by helping to protect 10 million trees in the Amazon. A perfect interplay between a stylish gift with an eco-chic conscience.
What the designer says
'For me, design and nature go hand in hand which is why this collaboration resonated personally,' says Johanna Ortiz, creative director, and fashion designer.
'Colombian coffee also has a truly special place in my heart and as an active supporter in the fight against climate change, it was another huge reason why this collaboration made perfect sense.'
'When designing the collection, I took the idea of capturing the beauty of the forest throughout every piece, by incorporating rich forest canopies and dark earthy tones within my designs. It’s been an amazing process and partnership which I have deeply enjoyed.'
Take a look at our best Nespresso coffee machine guide to jump on the Java train.
Count down to Christmas with this advent calendar by Barry M. available at ASOS contains 12 nail paints (including six exclusive shades), each behind a festive door for the run-up to Christmas, and some nail accessories to go along with it. Because every girl knows you gotta keep them talons trimmed and trendy for the festive season! These polishes are from the cosmetics line's Gelly range which delivers super-strong and long-lasting results over the party season.
- 8 x Gelly hi-shine nail paints
- 1 x crystal rock nail paint
- 1 x green origin nail paint
- 1 x hi-vis nail paint
- 1 x velvet nail paint
- 1 x nail and cuticle oil
- 1 x surprise makeup bag and nail accessory
‘Tis the season for self-care. So if you've been stuck indoors, eating way too much chocolate, choose this Advent Affirmations Tree by Bloom & Wild. This display comes with 24 daily feel-good mantras, designed in collaboration with heartfelt stationers, Happy Go Lucky. It’ll decorate your home and light up your soul too.
With reusable elements including a stylish glass vase, twisted willow branches numbered affirmation cards, this non-edible design is a great time to reflect before the chaos of Christmas.
'Packed with 12 of the beauty expert’s bestselling and fan-favorite delights, it’s complete with appearances from the iconic Gimme Brow+, Porefessional Primer, Precisely My Brow, and a quad of lash-enhancing mascaras (Roller Lash, BADgal Bang, They're Real! and They're Real! Magnet, to be precise). The best part? It’ll arrive in a special-edition keepsake box.'
We all know and love Zara as our fave Spanish fashion store to grab everything from swimwear to seasonal Christmas outfits. But, they also do a fantastic range of beauty products that sold out in 2021, thanks to celebrity fashion stylist, beauty expert, and interior designer, Melissa Holdbrook-Akposoe (aka @melissaswardrobe). You'll only have to peruse the hashtag #melmademedoit to see the impact she's had.
So say Feliz Navidad to a fabulous assortment of lotions, fragrances, the best Christmas candles, and body washes to keep you looking, smelling and feeling cute this season with their beauty advent calendar.
- nº 05 gracefully madrid edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 04 fashionably london edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 01 energetically new york edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 06 elegantly tokyo edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 07 creatively shanghai edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 03 magnificently dubai edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 02 stunningly venice edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- nº 08 boldly seoul edp 15 ml (0.51 fl. oz)
- Vetiver pamplemousse aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Waterlily tea dress aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Ebony wood aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Amalfi sunray aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Tubereuse noir aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Fleur d’oranger aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Fleur de patchouli aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- Bohemian bluebells aromatic candle 35 gr (1.2 oz)
- nº 06 elegantly tokyo fragranced hand and body cream 30 ml (1.01 fl. oz)
- nº 08 boldly seoul fragranced hand and body cream 30 ml (1.01 fl. oz)
- nº 05 gracefully madrid fragranced hand and body cream 30 ml (1.01 fl. oz)
- nº 04 fashionably london fragranced hand and body cream 30 ml (1.01 fl. oz)
- nº 08 boldly seoul fragranced hand and body wash 50 ml (1.7 fl. oz)
- nº 06 elegantly tokyo fragranced hand and body wash 50 ml (1.7 fl. oz)
- nº 05 gracefully madrid fragranced hand and body wash 50 ml (1.7 fl. oz)
- nº 04 fashionably london fragranced hand and body wash 50 ml (1.7 fl. oz)
- Grapefruit incense edp 40 ml (1.35 oz)
Available for delivery within 24 hours (UK) and 72 hours (USA) (choose that option at checkout), this advent calendar from Clipper, available from Amazon includes 24 organic teas and infusions to see you through the festive season. Perfect for secret Santa or to keep all to yourself!
- Happy Mondays tea bags
- Wild berry tea bags
- Rise and shine tea bags
- Detox tea bags
- Orange and lemon tea bags
- Calmer Chameleon tea bags
- Love me truly tea bags
- Snore and Peace tea bags
- Green tea and lemon tea bags
- Liquorice and peppermint tea bags
- Lemon and ginger tea bags
- Nighty night tea bags
The Christmas season is filled with festive moments and traditions, and they all have one thing in common: we share them with the people we love. It can be a busy time, but that just makes it more important to slow down and appreciate all the small moments of joy life has to offer. As a daily reminder and moment of holiday cheer, behind each door in The Ritual of Advent calendar, available from Amazon, you will find a luxurious gift for you or somebody you care about.
Count down to Christmas and enjoy 24 meaningful moments together. The Ritual of Advent calendar comes pre-wrapped in a luxury box and is tied with a gorgeous glossy red ribbon.
- Boutique Line Karma Bath & Shower Gel, 30ml
- The Discovery Collection Soap Bar, 25g
- Nail Treat for Gift Set
- The Ritual of Holi Body Mist, 20ml
- The Ritual of Hammam Shampoo, 50ml
- The Ritual of Hammam Conditioner. 50ml
- Amsterdam Collection Body Mist, 20ml
- The Ritual of Samurai Ice Shower, 70ml
- The Ritual of Jing Hand Lotion, 70ml
- The Ritual of Jing Sleep Pillow & Body Mist, 20ml
- The Ritual of Sakura Hair & Body Mist 20ml for Gift Set
- Serendipity Foaming Shower Gel, 50ml for Gift Set
- The Ritual of Mehr 2-Phase Bath Oil, 50ml
- The Ritual of Mehr Body Mousse to Oil, 30ml
- The Ritual of Ayurveda Scrub Glove for Gift Set 2021
- The Ritual of Ayurveda Body Cream, 70ml
- Elixir Collection Miracle Keratin Recovery Hair Mask, 20ml
- The Ritual of Karma Mild Body Scrub Clay, 70ml
- Advent Mini Candle Private Collection, Imperial Rose
- Advent Mini Candle Private Collection, Jade Vine
- Advent Mini Candle Private Collection, Orris Mimosa
- Advent Mini Candle Private Collection, Sweet Jasmine
- The Ritual of Samurai Energy & Anti-Age Face Cream, 20ml
- The Ritual of Namaste Anti-Ageing Serum, 10ml for Advent
Just like us women, Christmas is a festive time where men want to look their best too. So give them a helping hand with over a weeks' worth of grooming gifting. Guaranteed to last much longer, this selection of premium products will see your lucky man, male friend, or family member into the new year.
Containing eight full-sized products, this ASOS advent calendar gets an A+ from us, spanning skincare, hair care, and beard care from well-known names such as Gillette, Cetaphil, renowned spa brand, Elemis, and science-driven, cult skincare brand, The Ordinary. Plus... It even comes with a cute monochrome and slogan tote bag.
- 1 x branded tote bag
- 1 x American Crew Boost Powder: 10g
- 1 x Barber Pro Brightening Mask (Full Size)
- 1 x Bulldog Original Moisturizer: 100ml (Full Size)
- 1 x Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: 236ml (Full Size)
- 1 x Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream: 7.5ml
- 1 x Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream: 15ml
- 1 x Gillette Fusion 5 Pro Glide Razor (Full Size)
- 1 x Johnny's Chop Shop Texturising Cream: 75g (Full Size)
- 1 x LAB Series Multi Action Face Wash: 100ml (Full Size)
- 1 x Revolution Pore Cleansing Charcoal Peel: 100ml (Full Size)
- 1 x The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: 30ml (Full Size)
- 1 x Wahl Refreshed Beard Oil: 10ml
We can always count on Amazon for providing premium products at the drop of a hat... especially with their Prime delivery service. So it's no surprise that the online retail giant has created this gorgeous beauty advent calendar which is available the next day!
Great for gifting, this version contains a combination of 24 full-size products and deluxe samples from some of our most-loved beauty brands. However, availability is limited, so order now to avoid missing out.
With a product value of almost £260, you can try new products and brands across skincare, haircare, and make-up for as little as £39.99 when bought during Amazon's 'Deal of the Day' promotion (versus the RRP of £70).
- 3INA The Color Pen Eyeliner 759
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
- Foreo Luna Play Mini
- NIVEA MicellAIR Skin Breathe Micellar Water
- L'Occitane Almond Delicious Hands Hand and Nail Cream
- Neal's Yard Aromatic Foaming Bath
- e.l.f Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow
- Maui Moisture Aloe Vera and Shea Butter Shampoo
- 3INA The Eye Primer
- Nip+Fab Vitamin C Fix Sheet Mask
- Max Factor Crème Puff Stunning Sienna Matte Blush
- CeraVe Reparative Hand Cream
- Nails Inc Santa Monica Beach
- This Works Stress Check Mood Manager
- Bioré Clear & Bright Yuzu Lemon + Papaya AHA Clay Face Mask
- Faith in Nature Lavender and Geranium Body Wash
- Real Techniques 2-in-1 Miracle Mixing Sponge
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion Spray
- 3INA The Moisturizing Primer
- got2b Powderful Volumizing Styling Powder
- Nails Inc Tate
- Belei Brightening Hydrogel, Drip-Free Eye Mask
- Aussie SOS Repair Hair Mask Treatment Shot
What is the meaning of the Advent calendar?
'An Advent calendar is a very special calendar used to countdown to December 25: The celebration of the birth of Jesus,' says Kristi Walker, a missionary and author at Christianity.com.
'The Advent calendar tradition supposedly dates back to the 1850s. Some Advent calendars are simple, revealing a picture of a portion of the nativity story behind each tiny door. Some calendars feature a piece of chocolate for each day of the countdown.'
'Some are more elaborate and expensive and include toys or gifts. The calendar usually has 24 doors or boxes to open, one for every day in December leading up to Christmas Day.'