Over the decades, the mighty slow-cooker has become a well-loved kitchen staple for busy parents and college students alike—and for good reason. The set-and-forget nature of the slow cooker allows busy home cooks to meal prep and entertain without having to spend exorbitant amounts of time in the kitchen.
That’s why we were particularly excited to track down the Crock-Pot Programmable Slow Cooker deal at Amazon this week. The top-rated slow cooker is already a well known household name but it also has the accolades to back it up; with over 7,000 5-star reviews this really is the only slow cooker you should have to purchase for decades. Plus, it makes an appearance on our list of the best slow cookers.
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer | Was $59.99, now $44.99
Currently on offer for 25 percent off at Amazon this week, the Crock-Pot Programmable Slow Cooker was made for anyone with little time to dedicate to the kitchen. The 6-quart capacity allows for large batch meals while the cook and carry lid makes it easy to transport meals to potlucks or dinner parties without worrying about making a mess. The best part? The well-loved slow-cooker is easily programmable so you can set it and forget it—until dinner is ready.
While we already love the Crock-Pot Programmable Slow Cooker for its straightforward approach and budget-friendly price tag, here are a few other stand-out features that make it worth the investment:
- The large 6-quart capacity makes it easy to cook for larger groups of people or to roast up to 6 pounds
- The simple locking lid includes a built-in lid gasket for a strong seal that won’t leak on the go
- Includes convenient programmable digital controls that lets you set your cook times from 30 minutes to up to 20 hours
- The slow-cooker automatically shifts to a warming setting once the initial cook time is complete
- The heavy duty removable oval stoneware is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning