If you need extra bedrooms or bathrooms, a loft conversion can be the most cost-effective way to create them. In the latest episode of the Real Homes Show, we reveal the five things you need to know before converting your loft, from how much it'll cost to how to get the layout right.
Also in this episode of our online TV show, sponsored by Self Build Zone, we've got tips on getting boutique hotel style on a budget (without stealing any bathrobes), and the lowdown on smart heating thermostats like Nest and Hive. We also put three leading floor mops to the test on muddy floors to reveal which works best – perfect for cleaning up muddy footprints after a bracing autumn walk.
The episode is just 20 minutes' long, but you can use these timings to skip to your favourite sections:
- Small Space Squad (42 secs) – we take a look inside a gorgeous loft conversion and explain the five things you need to know before you convert yours
- Checking It Out (5 mins 17secs) – we put floor mops to the test and reveal which tackles mud best
- Design Deck (7mins 50secs) – how to get luxury hotel style on a budget
- The Hub (11mins 40secs) – a jargon-free guide to smart heating and thermostats
- Competition time (17mins 5secs) – see below for details of how to enter
We've teamed up with DIY Alcove Cabinets to give one lucky viewer £1,000 to spend on alcove cabinets or wardrobes of their choice. This competition has now closed, but click on the top article here to enter out latest giveaway.