If you're considering an extension, then stop right there. We've launched a new Extensions Made Easy series as part of the Real Homes Show, which is designed to guide you through the process of extending from start to finish. Over the next three months, we'll be bringing you video guides to everything extensions, from cutting costs to the finishing touches. First up, our renovation expert Jason Orme chats to architect Nick Stockley, from Resi, about when it's really worth extending – and it turns out there could be cheaper alternatives if you're searching for more space.
Also in this new-look episode of our online TV show, we've got interior designer Sian Astley with the interior design trends you need in your living room during 2020, and tech expert Verity Burns with the 5 gadgets every pet owner needs. And don't miss presenter Laura Crombie putting toasted sandwich makers for every budget to the test – can a £20 machine work as well as one costing £90? Tune in to find out.
The whole episode is 18 minutes' long, but you can use these timing to skip to the sections you want to watch:
- Should you extend? (50secs): Things to consider before extending your home
- Tech for pet owners (5mins 10secs): The smart tech gadgets every pet owner needs
- Living room trends (9mins 37secs): 3 trends we'll be seeing everywhere in 2020
- Toasted sandwich maker test (12mins 12secs): How much do you need to spend for a perfect toastie?
- Competition (18mins 12secs): Win one of four shaggy rugs, worth £249 each (now closed)
- Head to Real Homes TV to see our latest competition