As part of their mission to make neighbourhoods safer, Ring have announced the release of their most affordable home security camera ever: the Ring Indoor Cam.
Designed for use indoors – as the name suggests – this handy cam will cost just £49 and can be mounted just about anywhere around the home to enhance home security and allow homeowners to keep a closer eye on what's going on while they're out or away, from any location. It's already available in the US and is due to arrive in the UK early next year. Discover more about it below...
- For the best home security systems, check our buyer's guide
- Then, find more information on how to protect your home
Whether you're looking for an affordable piece of kit that allows you to keep an eye on your home while you're on holiday; want something that will act as a deterrent, should burglars ever make it into your home; or just enjoy spying on your other half throughout the day (joking), the Indoor Cam could be just what you've been looking for. Here's what it offers:
- 1080p HD video;
- Motion zones – receive notifications straight to your smartphone when your camera detects motion in your home;
- Night vision – keep an eye on what's going on at home 24/7;
- Two-way talk – communicate with unsettled pets (or misbehaving teenagers);
- Motion activate recording – your camera will begin capturing footage automatically, if it detects motion;
- Privacy settings – disable motion and audio recording whenever you feel like it;
- Recording light – this will indicate when recording, or live view have been activated, so you'll always know when someone's watching.
Speaking about the release, Jamie Siminoff, founder and Chief Inventor of Ring, says, 'We’re excited to bring customers our most affordable camera yet, and provide even more security options with Ring Indoor Cam and the all new Ring Stick Up Cam.
'As a team of inventors, we are constantly pushing ourselves to identify innovative, cost effective and easy-to-use security products that make our neighbourhoods safer. With our growing line-up of both indoor and outdoor cams, varying in size and functionality, our customers have choices when determining how best to secure their homes.'
Much like Ring's other products, the Indoor Cam can be controlled though the handy Ring app. From there, it's easy to connect it to the rest of your smart home set-up for a smarter, more secure home. Thanks to its compatibility with Alexa, it will also be possible to control the Indoor Cam using just your voice. Genius.