If you need more room, you've probably daydreamed about adding an extension. Before you call in the builders, you need to watch the latest episode of the Real Homes Show, sponsored by Self Build Zone. We visit a beautiful kitchen extension to show you the five things you need to know before extending, from how much it'll cost to how long it'll take.
Also in this episode, we show you how to get the Mid-century modern look on a budget and explain what smart assistants are (and why you need one). We also reveal how much you need to spend on a toast – does a £9 toaster perform as well as a £100 one?
Use the timings below to skip to the sections you want to watch:
- Small Space Squad (42secs) – we take a look inside a gorgeous kitchen extension and reveal the five things you need to know before you extend
- Checking It Out (5mins 2secs) – we reveal how much you really need to spend on a toaster
- Design Deck (10mins 10secs) – how to get the Mid-century modern look on a budget
- The Hub (16mins 57secs) – a jargon-free guide to voice assistants and smart speakers
- Competition time (19mins 20secs) – see below for details of how to enter
We've teamed also up with Best Heating to give one lucky viewer £1,000 to spend on radiators and towel rails of their choice. This competition has now closed. To enter our latest giveaway, click on the top story here.