Investing in a new washing machine? This isn’t a purchase you should take lightly, so we are here with some expert advice to help you make this decision. Whether you are a single household or a family of six, a hi-tech washing machine shouldn’t go amiss. Yes, you could buy an entry model for your kitchen or utility room, but you may be missing out on some very useful features that have helped make laundry that much less of a chore over the years, connectivity being one.
Most Samsung washing machines are Wi-Fi enabled, energy efficient and equipped with convenient features – AddWash™ lets you add items to your wash**, even after you’ve popped it on. For that pesky sock that always manages to escape your arms when juggling your things from your laundry basket to the washing machine.
If you’ve been toying with splurging on a Samsung washing machine, here are five reasons we really think this is a smart purchase. Not just because it will look nice in your home...
1. Samsung washing machines are smart so you can put a wash on via your phone*
Not only is this convenient, but it will save you putting on wash loads and forgetting about them, too – something we are all guilty of doing. The Samsung SmartThings* app can control your machine from afar so you can turn it on when at the supermarket, doing the school run or sitting in the office, so it’s ready to be taken out when you get home. Your washing machine can send notifications to your phone once it’s finished, or if there is an issue, while you can also use the app to temporarily remove programs you won’t use to make it easier to navigate. Essentially, this washing machine fits around your lifestyle.
2. Samsung washing machines are very energy efficient, so as to save you money on bills
Every Samsung 9kg washing machine from the QuickDrive™, AddWash™ and Auto Dose ranges has an A grade energy efficiency. Ecobubble™, Samsung’s innovative technology, lets you wash your clothes at lower temperatures without compromising on wash performance. Samsung are also proactively looking to reduce their carbon footprint, find out how here (opens in new tab).
3. Samsung washing machines look the part in your kitchen or utility room – with 2 colourways available
Samsung washing machines come in two colourways to suit your kitchen scheme, whether you are going for a white-washed look or you prefer dark appliances. They also have matching tumble dryers to create the ultimate laundry partnership and make laundry day a doddle.
- Click to shop the Samsung Series 5+ WW90T554DAN Freestanding AddWash™ Washing Machine in graphite at John Lewis & Partners (opens in new tab)
4. Samsung washing machines are flooded with features – from AddWash™ to Auto Dose and Super Speed Wash
Wave goodbye to your current basic washing machine and hello to Samsung’s innovative options. Complementing features like AddWash™** there’s AutoDose – this which, based on the size of your wash load determines how much detergent you need, adding it for you and Super Speed Wash - a 59-minute programme for 5kg wash loads. Last but not least, their new Hygiene Steam feature which eliminates 99.9% of allergens and bacteria***.
- Click to shop the Samsung Series 5+ WW90T534DAW Freestanding ecobubble™ Washing Machine in white at John Lewis & Partners (opens in new tab)
- Click to shop the Samsung Series 6 WW90T684DLH Freestanding AddWash™ Washing Machine in white at John Lewis & Partners (opens in new tab)
5. Almost all Samsung washing machines come with a 5 -year warranty
Yes, you read that right. The majority of Samsung’s washing machines and tumble dryers come with a 5-year warranty which you will need to register within 90 days of purchase from here (opens in new tab).
*Available on Android and iOS. An internet connection is required.
**AddWash™ door can be opened at any time when the drum temperature is below 50°C.
*** Testing done by Intertek on Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli and Dermatophagoides farinae Hughes, on 100% cotton, 3kg load, with standard powder detergent. Individual results may vary.