Hair removal is arguably the bane of most women's (and some men's) lives. And while we could (and would love to) launch into a deep and philosophical debate about why so many of us choose to go hairless, the bottom line is that some of us simply love the silky smooth feel. And that's okay!
What's not okay is the whole host of issues that tend to accompany traditional hair removal methods. If you regularly shave, or wax, you'll likely be familiar with razor burn, painful regrowth and (our arch nemesis) ingrown hairs. We'll say no more.
The best IPL hair removal device going – according to our testing – the Philips Lumea Prestige uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to target hair at its root, preventing it from growing back and providing the potential to achieve hairless-ness in just three months.*
And while we'll admit that, for many of us, £299.99 is still a relatively expensive upfront cost to cough up, what's really worth thinking about is the saving that you'll be making in the long run. After all, compared with the amount of money the average woman spends on hair removal methods – be that professional waxing or those eternally over-priced razor heads – £299.99 for the potential to achieve hairlessness is actually pretty impressive.
*Objective studies show at least 85% hair reduction in as little as three treatments
Will the Philips Lumea Prestige work for everyone?
Philips claim that their market leading IPL hair removal device can be used on naturally dark blonde, brown and black coloured hairs, as well as on skin tones which vary from white to dark brown. It cannot be used to treat white, grey, light blonde or red hair. Nor is it suitable for very tanned or dark skin because of contrast required between the pigment in hair colour and pigment in the skin tone.
Where can the Philips Lumea Prestige be used?
The Philips Lumea Prestige comes complete with face, body and precision attachments, each of which are shaped to ensure optimal skin contact for precision.
The body attachment should be used to tackle legs and arms, while the face attachment is just what you need for tackling the upper lip, chin and jawline. For more areas where more precision is required – we're talking the bikini line and underarms – Philips recommend using the precision attachments.
- Find more Black Friday deals and discounts this way...
What other stores are doing well this Black Friday
- Amazon: new Black Friday deals every day
- Amara: up to 50% off top homeware brands inc LSA and Tom Dixon
- AO: Black Friday deals on appliances are live now
- Argos: appliances, furniture and toys all in the Black Friday sale
- Boots: save up to half price on selected items including beauty and electricals
- B&Q: Black Friday sale live with smart home kit, tools and much more
- Carphone Warhouse: deals on phones, headphones and accessories
- Cox & Cox: Grey Friday sale 22% off homewares
- Currys: Black Friday Why Wait sale – ps. they will refund if they drop prices
- Debenhams: Black Friday live including homeware and beauty
- Dyson: save £100 on selected models for Black Friday
- Hive: up to 25% off selected products from smart home experts
- Google Store: deals on smart home and phones
- John Lewis & Partners: Black Friday sale live. Deals for you and your home
- Lovehoney: up to 50% off sex toys
- M&S: offers on wine, food and fashion
- Not on the High Street: shop daily wonders for 30% off gifts and more
- Oliver Bonas: pre-Black Friday clearance for fashion and home accessories
- Simba Sleep: save up to 40% on mattresses for Black Friday
- Superdrug: Black Friday sale live for beauty, electrical and more
- Very: Black Friday sale on everything including appliances and smart home
- Wayfair: get early access to the Black Friday sale by entering your email
- Zara: Mid-season sale at Zara Home