The Philips BRI954/00 Lumea Prestige is one of the world's favourite IPL laser hair removal products on the market. And, this advanced electrical beauty item has made hair removal more breezy and manageable, on so many levels.
From working out cheaper that a regular wax, to being less painful (for some) and to reducing the risk of razor burn or ingrown hairs that goes hand in hand with regular shaving – delightful we know – so yes, laser hair removal is a miracle, and this is a miracle product.
And, for that, it doesn't come cheap and we would class it very much as an investment electric beauty product. HOWEVER, 'tis Black Friday, and this year, the Philips BRI954/00 Lumea Prestige is the cheapest we've ever seen it.
Last year, there was £100 off, taking it to £299.99 at John Lewis, but this year as part of the best Black Friday home deals 2020, it's got a whopping £208.01 off at Amazon AND £132 at John Lewis making this fabulous product now available from both of these top retailers for the sweet price of just £266.99.
It's no secret that hair removal is the bane of most women's (and some men's) lives. And, while lockdown left many of us hairy – some quite happily so – you do reach a point where you want to say yes once again to grooming, and to getting that silky smooth feel.
So, keep scrolling to pick up your Philips BRI954/00 Lumea Prestige for less this Black Friday weekend.
Complete with the Philips SmartSkin Sensor to measure your skin's tone for the best setting. Available to use both cordless and corded making this super convenient also, whether using it on your face or body. For more Amazon Black Friday deals check. out our roundup. View Deal
The best IPL hair removal device going – according to our testing – the Philips Lumea Prestige uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to target hair at its root, preventing it from growing back and providing the potential to achieve hairless-ness in just three months.*
And while we'll admit that, for many of us, £266.99 is still a relatively expensive upfront cost to cough up, what's really worth thinking about is the saving that you'll be making in the long run. After all, compared with the amount of money the average woman spends on hair removal methods – be that professional waxing or those eternally over-priced razor heads – the cost of this for the potential to achieve hairlessness is actually pretty impressive.
*Objective studies show at least 85% hair reduction in as little as three treatments
Will the Philips Lumea Prestige work for everyone?
Philips claim that their market leading IPL hair removal device can be used on naturally dark blonde, brown and black coloured hairs, as well as on skin tones which vary from white to dark brown. It cannot be used to treat white, grey, light blonde or red hair. Nor is it suitable for very tanned or dark skin because of contrast required between the pigment in hair colour and pigment in the skin tone.
Where can the Philips Lumea Prestige be used?
The Philips Lumea Prestige comes complete with face, body and precision attachments, each of which are shaped to ensure optimal skin contact for precision.
The body attachment should be used to tackle legs and arms, while the face attachment is just what you need for tackling the upper lip, chin and jawline. For more areas where more precision is required – we're talking the bikini line and underarms – Philips recommend using the precision attachments.
What other stores are doing well this Black Friday
- Amazon: new Black Friday deals every day
- AO: Black Friday deals on appliances are live now
- Argos: appliances, furniture and toys all in the Black Friday sale
- Boots: save up to half price on selected items including beauty and electricals
- B&Q: Black Friday sale live with smart home kit, tools and much more
- Carphone Warhouse: deals on phones, headphones and accessories
- Cox & Cox: 50% off homewares
- Currys: Black Friday Why Wait sale – ps. they will refund if they drop prices
- Debenhams: Black Friday live including homeware and beauty
- Dyson: save £££ on selected models for Black Friday
- Hive: up to 25% off selected products from smart home experts
- John Lewis & Partners: Black Friday sale live. Deals for you and your home
- Lovehoney: up to 50% off sex toys
- M&S: offers on wine, food and fashion
- Not on the High Street: shop 50% off gifts and more
- Oliver Bonas: 40% for Black Friday
- Simba Sleep: save up to 35% on mattresses for Black Friday
- Superdrug: Black Friday sale live for beauty, electrical and more
- Very: Black Friday sale on heaps of items including appliances and smart home
- Wayfair: the Black Friday sale is on
- Zara: 20% off on selected products at Zara Home