Okay, this dessert is exactly what we all need this weekend. Eat it as a pudding, as a cake, or (we're not judging, especially if you're self-isolating) as a main course...
And if you're trying to be healthy, this recipe uses a lot less sugar than many cake recipes, and it uses dark chocolate, which is actually quite a healthy ingredient. To make this chocolate beauty, keep scrolling...
Slow cooker chocolate cake
- Dark chocolate, powdered in a food processor, or dark chocolate powder, 100 grams
- Plain flour, 150 grams
- Plain Greek yoghurt, 200 grams
- Sugar, two to four tablespoons, to taste
- A teaspoon of melted butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- A teaspoon of baking soda
1. Grease the inner bowl of your slow cooker with butter.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the chocolate, yoghurt, and sugar, mix together well.
3. Fold in the flour gradually to avoid lumps.
4. Add the melted butter and baking soda.
5. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker bowl. Cook on low for three hours. Serve with cream or ice cream.
- For more recipes, go to our food hub page