Looking for an easy leftover chicken recipe? After something as heavy – and time consuming – as a Sunday roast, we imagine you're on the hunt for a slightly lighter meal idea. And chicken quesadillas fit the bill pretty perfectly.
Not only is this recipe packed full of flavour, but you can also prepare it in just 15 minutes, which we think is ideal for a mid-week meal. Alternatively, pop it in a lunch box for a super tasty lunchtime treat. A step up from the humble sandwich, the combination of salsa, kidney beans and coriander will lift the taste of your leftovers and prevent second day chicken getting too dry.
For more recipe ideas and leftover inspiration, head over to our food hub.
- Leftover chicken
- Tortilla wraps, two per person
- Kidney beans, drained and mashed with a fork
- Tomato salsa or freshly chopped tomatoes
- Mature cheddar cheese
- Spring onion
- Coriander, chopped
- Optional: smashed avocado
- Olive oil
- Sour cream, for serving
1. Place your tortilla on a plate and top with salsa, kidney beans, chicken, cheese, spring onions, coriander and avocado. Make sure to leave a small gap between the the ingredients and the edge of your tortilla.
2. Place your second tortilla on top of the ingredients, lightly brushing with olive oil.
3. Place your quesadilla, oil side down, in a large pan on a medium heat. Cook for around 5 minutes.
4. Carefully flip your quesadilla and cook for another 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cut into quarters and serve with a side of sour cream.