Have you recently finished a renovation project, or restyled and refreshed your home décor? Or do you simply feel that the interior scheme or garden you have created over the years is now complete and ready to be admired? If so, Period Living would love to hear from you.
Every year we invite readers to enter their completed home-improvement projects for our awards, and it's always fascinating to see the diverse and inspiring schemes in all kinds of period properties, large and small, and to hear their unique stories.
The £2,300 prize
- Five shortlisted entries will be photographed for the Period Living November 2018 Readers’ Homes Awards issue.
- One overall winner will scoop a fabulous £2,000 cash prize, together with a £200 voucher to spend at Vanessa Arbuthnott.
- Our first-prize winner also receives a year’s Period Living subscription for themselves and a friend, worth over £100 in total.
- This adds up to a first prize worth more than £2,300.
- Four runners-up will each win £150 of Vanessa Arbuthnott vouchers, plus a year’s subscription to Period Living, worth £50.
How to enter
- You can enter using the form below.
- Choose which category/ies you want to enter (scroll down for details).
- Tell us in up to 500 words why you think your home or garden should win.
- Provide details of how it previously looked, what you’ve achieved and how you’ve gone about it.
- Please tell us what period features you have restored or reinstated.
- Take photos of all the rooms/outdoor spaces – quick snaps will do – and the exterior of the property.
- Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email which you need to reply to with your photos.
- Send us about 20 photos to provide a good sense of how the whole space looks now.
- Full terms and conditions can be found at futureplc.com/competition-rules.
- Closing date for entries is 5 June 2018.
BEST KITCHEN – SPONSORED BY FOLDING DOORS 2 U
If you’ve completed a kitchen update – whether that’s adding an extension or refreshing the cabinetry – we’d like to see the results of your hard work.
Folding Doors 2 U is a leading supplier of aluminium rooflights, bi-fold doors, sliding doors and windows. The company offers an affordable range of high-quality aluminium glazing products to enhance any home extension, new build property or renovation.
BEST PROJECT – SPONSORED BY ICYNENE
This is the category for renovations, extensions, remodels and conversions, including lofts and basements. If you’ve significantly altered your living space, show us what you’ve achieved.
Icynene spray-foam insulation is suitable for all building types from new-build to heritage. It expands 100-fold when applied, sealing all gaps and helping to reduce fuel bills.
BEST LISTED HOME – SPONSORED BY RICHMOND OAK
Listed homes come with a whole set of restrictions and challenges. We’re looking for properties where those challenges have been met with sensitivity, in a large or small scale listed building.
Enhance your home with a stunning hardwood glazed living space. Richmond Oak specialises in the design, planning application and build of bespoke seasoned oak orangeries, conservatories and garden rooms.
BEST INTERIOR DESIGN – SPONSORED BY VANESSA ARBUTHNOTT
For this category, we’re on the lookout for inspiring interior design, showcasing a stylish use of colour, pattern and furnishings either in a contemporary update, or an authentic look in keeping with the age of your home.
Whether you live in an old farmhouse, Victorian semi, humble cottage or a gracious manor house, there is sure to be the perfect fabric or wallpaper among Vanessa Arbuthnott’s exquisite ranges, encompassing contemporary shades and designs, and more traditional rural motifs.
BEST GARDEN – SPONSORED BY MAZE LIVING
New for this year, the best garden category where you can show off not only your garden designs but your green fingers. Send in your photos of your outdoor spaces in full bloom.
Maze Living is a leading garden furniture specialist, offering a range of luxury outdoor rattan and fabric furniture sets. From dining to sofa sets, each piece has been expertly designed with a blend of comfort and style, perfect for any garden.
The guest judge
Period Living is delighted that textile designer Vanessa Arbuthnott will be joining our awards judging panel again this year.
Vanessa started her business from her own home 18 years ago, and since then has created 17 fabric collections inspired by her passion for natural forms, organic shapes and stunning colourways.
Her ranges include wallcoverings, rugs and runners, as well as made-to-measure curtains and blinds, furniture and accessories.
‘I’m so looking forward to helping to judge this year’s awards entries,’ says Vanessa. ‘I find it so inspiring to see the creative and resourceful ideas Period Living readers come up with when they’re renovating their homes. And it’s always such a pleasure to see the winning entries brought to life on the pages of the magazine later in the year.’